Huawei Mate 20 Pro Review | Why You Should Buy it
We all couldn’t wait to see what Hauwei is coming up with next,it is the new Hauwei Mate 20Pro. It’s also the season for all the big fat manufacturers in the industry to pull out the wraps off their latest mobile phones. And what a bang these couple of weeks have been!There is still a lot more to see before the calendar month of Techtober is over but right now we’re focusing on the new Mate 20 series, which is expected to leave a mark on the industry.Below are the specs,reviews and unboxing of the Hauwei Mate 20Pro.
Huawei Mate 20 Pro specs
- Memory: 6GB RAM, 128GB storage (expandable via Nano Memory – hybrid slot).
- OS: Android 9 Pie with EMUI 9;
- Body: dual-glass with metal frame; IP68-rated for dust and water resistance.
- Screen: 6.39″ HDR OLED, 1440 x 3120 px resolution (539ppi); wide notch.
- Chipset: Kirin 980 chipset, octa-core processor (2xA76 @2.6GHz + 2xA76 @1.92GHz +4xA55 @1.8GHz), Mali-G76 MP10 GPU.
- Camera: 40MP f/1.8 + 8MP f/2.4 OIS telephoto (80mm) + 20MP f/2.2 ultra-wide (16mm); 4K video capture, 720@960fps slow-mo, Leica branding.
- Security: Fingerprint reader (under display), 3D Face Unlock (IR camera and flood illuminator).
- Connectivity: Dual SIM, Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac, Dual-band GPS; Bluetooth 5 + LE, NFC, USB Type-C.
- Misc: IR blaster, stereo speakers.
- Camera features: 1/1.7″ 40MP sensor, up to ISO 102,400, 5x optical zoom, OIS + EIS, Variable Aperture, Portrait Mode, can shoot long-exposure without a tripod.
- Selfie cam: 24MP, f/2.0 Leica lens, Portrait Mode with live bokeh effects.
- Battery: 4,200mAh; Super Charge 40W; 15W wireless charging; reverse wireless charging.
Huawei Mate 20 Pro Review Video
Huawei Mate 20 Pro Laica Matrix Camera Review Video
The Mate 20 Pro, which is in for a review now, utilizes all of Huawei’s latest technologies such as the high-res AMOLED screen, the large-zoom triple-camera, and 40W fast charging, while the Mate 20 cuts a few corners towards achieving a more budget-friendly price tag.
Therefore, the Huawei Mate 20 Pro is the one boasting a curved 1440p AMOLED screen and the much better triple camera with the most extensive optical zoom. It also relishes a much faster 40W fast charging, in addition to the 15W wireless charging and there is also a reversed wireless charging support. The Pro is also IP68 water resistant, has 3D face unlock, stereo speakers, and an under-display fingerprint reader.
Unpacking the Huawei Mate 20 Pro
We’ve constantly liked Huawei’s bundles, and the Mate 20 Pro’s did not disappoint. The black paper box consists of a fat 40W charger, the enhanced USB-C cable needed for the 40W charging to work, and EarPods-like cable headphones.
You will also get a 3.5mm-to-USB-C adapter inside.
check out the video to see exactly what i’m talking about:
Some of the Huawei Mate 20 Pro Design
You see, Huawei has designed a new memory card standard and the Mate 20 phones are the 1st to introduce it – it’s called Nano Memory Card and has the shape of a nanoSIM. This has instant benefits for the phone manufacturer as it enables them to make a smaller card slot while still allowing memory expansion.
That’s good, but the consumers really did not really need a new memory card standard, most especially one that can not go beyond 256GB as per Huawei’s own specifications.
These cards are so new that you might have a hard time finding one available for purchase. Huawei will be manufacturing the first ones, but they hope other memory card manufacturers will dive on board soon. And until they become mass market products, they will surely cost a lot more than the good old microSD cards.
Huawei Mate 20 Pro Price
The new Huawei Mate 20 Pro will be available in South Africa in November from R18,999.
It has been announced that the new Huawei Mate 20 Pro will be available on contract at both Vodacom and MTN for R799 per month, R699 per month at Telkom and R1,300 per month at Cell C for 24 months, Huawei South Africa said.
Related Articles:Huawei P20 Pro Review | What You Need To Know